AZ Spotlight is a platform to learn more about fellow Arizona CPCUs and spotlight their achievements within our chapter and throughout the insurance industry! Our next AZ Spotlight is Cynthia Chester. Cynthia is our new Special Events Director, we're excited to have her join the board this year! Cynthia obtained her CPCU designation in 2007, and has been active in the CPCU Society for several years. She recruited and coordinated our 2019 I-Day keynote speaker. She has also earned her CLU and ChFC designations. In addition to working with the CPCU Society, she has served in various leadership, mentoring and volunteer roles for the African-American Forum Employee Resource Group at State Farm Insurance.
- Where do you work and what’s your current role? I am a Claim Team Manager at State Farm Insurance.
- In what ways has the CPCU designation/society made an impact in your professional/personal life? My designation allowed me to be competitive for promotional opportunities during my career. When competing for roles, it was that one extra thing that stood out for me. Being active in the society keeps me abreast of trends and activities within our industry.
- What are some ideas to engage, retain, and grow the AZ CPCU chapter? I appreciate that the chapter is embracing the diversity of our membership. We have a wealth of talent and experience within our group to draw from when planning activities. I look forward to working with our membership to coordinate events that our members are interested in attending.
- What’s a fun fact about yourself? In 2013, I travelled to Pamplona, Spain to witness the Running of the Bulls.
- How can we stay up to date with you and your career? Add me on LinkedIn!
To become our next “AZ Spotlight” member or to recommend someone, send email with bio (following above format) and picture to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Thank you.